Wash and Care
** Advice to wash the new inserts for serveral times (3-5times) before start using. It will increase water absorbency. The more you wash it the better absorbency for the inserts.
Easy Laundry Guide
1. Leave used diapers in a covered dry pail till laundry time. Washing every 1 to 2 days is recommended.
2. Laundry Preparation: remove diaper inserts and use a toilet spray to spray poo off the diapers. (Wear long-sleeved 3M gloves to protect delicate hands.) (About 5 to 10 minutes only)
3. Put fleece diapers, flats / prefolds, diaper covers, cloth wipes and baby clothes into separate laundry nets. (Inserts do not need to be in laundry nets.) This helps to prevent lint from transferring to other garment and prolongs the life span of cloth diapers.
4. Throw the items into the washing machine. Wash using 1/4 to 1/2 of recommended amount of diaper-friendly (no enzyme / bleach / softener) detergent. Prewash + wash cycle (30°C or 40°C) + rinse + extra rinse (optional) + spin-dry. Occasionally, you may wash on hot (60°C) for better sanitisation, provided the diapers are able to withstand hot washes (Read the washing label.)
5. Do not use fabric softener when washing or drying the diapers. Fabric softener works by leaving a coating on the fabric, and this will reduce the absorbency of the cotton. There is also a risk of skin irritation for baby, once this gets wet. Use normal cleaning detergents as they are also very good at getting the diapers clean and germ free. No special detergent is needed.
6. Do not use chlorine bleach. Use of this will accelerate the deterioration of all fabrics and components of these diaper products. You will shorten the lifespan of the product considerably.
7. Dry the diapers under the sun to remove stains naturally.